Tassibee aims to provide a holistic service to transform the lives of ladies and their families by creating real opportunities for all ages and abilities to make their lives better.
Tassibee targets socially excluded and disadvantaged Black and Ethnic Minority ladies and identify barriers which prevent them from achieving their full potential.
Tassibee Supports Ladies With:
- Physical and mental problems
- Learning Disabilities
- English is not a first language
- Lone parents Carers of the sick and/or disabled family members
- Young women
We Achieve This Mission By:
- Encouraging & supporting them to identify & explore their own needs & interests
- Enabling them to self advocate
- Providing relevant learning and development opportunities
- Encouraging them to develop skills and self-confidence
- Creating a network of care and support
- Building partnerships with other organisations
- Sharing knowledge, experiences and expertise
- Celebrating their achievements
- Providing facilities such as transport and child care when needed
Click on the above link and listen to Mrs Khadija, as she shares how Tassibee holistic approach has helped her remain connected to other women, remain focused and less depressed. She notes that more often than not they experience family problems and coming to Tassibee, talking to other women who are going through the same makes her feel better. According to her if there was no Tassibee she and many other women she knows would be depressed. She always looks forward to Friday when she can come and meet with other women for prayer.